With Thanksgiving being tomorrow, I wanted to make a list of what I’ve been especially thankful for this year. I think it’s important to sit down every once in a while, especially if you’re in a rough place, to count the many blessings God has given you. For every negative thing, there’s always a beautiful thing.
1. My friends. Until this year, I’ve never really had a strong friend group. In the spring I decided on a whim to go with my neighbors to their church’s bible study, and God used that initial meeting to grow incredible friendships with the greatest people. I’m especially thankful for Charity. Love you, girl!
2. My family. Seriously, I have the best family. They’re supportive of me and my passions, and I wouldn’t be the person I am today without them.
3. My church. A community of believers encouraging me, pouring in to me, and holding me accountable.
4. The grace of God. This should take up all 17 spots on my list. When I fall, He picks me back up again. When I mess up, He forgives me with His unconditional heart. I could not be more grateful for this.
5. Enough to eat every day. I feel like this is something most people take for granted, but 795 million people are undernourished.
6. Shelter, air conditioning, and heat. Once again, this is something we so often take for granted, but we are so, so blessed to have this.
7. Moving on from the more serious ones, I’m very, very thankful for Starbucks. They turned my slight enjoyment of coffee into a obsession. Thanks a lot for that, Starbucks.
8. Good music! I am constantly listening to music (shoutout to Spotify premium! totally worth it). Check out my Spotify if you want to hear some of my favorites.
9. Netflix. Heartland and When Calls the Heart are two great ones, but Backstage is my all time favorite show. It’s so good!
10. Fuzzy blankets. Couldn’t live without ’em.
11. Almond milk coffee creamer. This is a very specific thing to be thankful for, but I’ve been in love with this stuff lately. I don’t drink a lot of regular milk, so this creamer is ah-mazing.
12. Books! I absolutely love to read, and I always try to make it a priority to take a few minutes before I go to bed to unwind and read a book.
13. Mabel. My cat brings so much joy and annoyance to my life.
14. Reality television. The Voice, Dancing with the Stars, American Idol, America’s Got Talent….yep. It’s a problem. Still thankful for it.
15. Makeup. If it’s in my blog name, you know I must love it.
16. Thanksgiving traditions. I treasure the time spent every year with my family watching Charlie Brown Thanksgiving, eating chocolate pie, and watching the Macy’s parade on tv.
17. The platform I’ve been given to talk to all of you! Even though I’m not “insta-famous” or anything like that, I love getting to share my stories and ideas with you, and it’s honestly the coolest thing that you actually like hearing them. 😅
These are 17 things that I’ve been especially thankful for in the year of 2017. Please take the time to be thankful this holiday season! I promise it will brighten your day and everyone else’s around you.
Love you all, and I hope you have a great Thanksgiving! 💛