Happy Saturday! I hope you’re having a great weekend so far.
Today I’m SO excited to be sharing an interview I recently had with Madison MacGregor. She portrays “Cassandra” on the Disney Channel/Family Channel show “Backstage”. I was thrilled when I got the opportunity to talk to Madison, she’s so sweet and I know you guys will love her as much as I do.
1. First I just wanted to say that Backstage is my all time favorite TV show, so I’m lowkey freaking out that I’m actually talking to one of the stars.😅 I’ve always loved Cassandra, especially in the second season. You did an amazing job portraying her. Why did you choose to audition for the show?
Thank you! I wanted to audition for Backstage because I loved the fact that I could dance and be a part of this show. When I found out I was going to play a new character that I hadn’t originally auditioned for, Cassandra, I was excited to portray her and to take on a new challenge.
2. Do you think being on Backstage has shaped who you are as a person today?
No, I don’t think so. But, I think that a lot of great friendships, mentors and memories came from it.
3. Have you kept up with your co-stars in the off-seasons?
Absolutely. We are all great friends.
4. You’re known for the inspirational posts on your blog. What message do you hope to send to the teens and young adults that look up to you?
Thank you! I hope to let my readers know that we can make the most of our situation and live an extraordinary life. By accepting ourselves, helping others, loving and being open to new things! It’s pretty simple, as cheesy as that sounds.
5. What do you enjoy doing outside of dance?
I enjoy watching movies, walking, getting out of the house! (Lol), Netflix, making food with my family, being in nature and traveling. I think that covers it!
6. Do you have any hidden talents?
Yes I do! I am a pastel artist. I finished a lot of artwork when I was younger. I also can use a bo staff – that long bo that you use in weapons for karate.
7. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?
I would go to Italy because their food, culture and environment seem lovely! I love pizza, pasta and the ocean, warm weather and Italian music – I used to listen to it in my trailer when I filmed the first season of Backstage.
8. What are your top three makeup/beauty products?
My top 3 beauty products are:
1. The Starlight Glow Palette From Arbonne – as well as the Arbonne liquid concealer (I use the Fair shade for my eyes and nose).
2. The RE9 Advanced Lifting and Contouring Eye Cream from Arbonne – it is refreshing and helps with under eye bags!
3. L’Oréal Paris Hair Expertise Nutri-Oils Extraordinary Oil Penetrating Oil – I use this after I style my hair.
9. What’s your go-to coffee order?
I don’t drink coffee, unless it is decaf, but I like this roasted dandelion root tea that tastes like coffee to me. I would mix warm water, almond milk and some honey with it! It sounds lame, lol! Not a coffee drinker.
10. And the question I’ve been dying to ask…can you tell us if there’s a season three coming anytime soon?
We have not been renewed for a season 3 as of yet!
Have a great weekend, everyone!